Sunday, November 12, 2006

Florida Writers Association Conference at Disney

A whirlwind this week! I just returned from the annual conference of the Florida Writers Association in vibrant Orlando, Florida. This year’s event, held at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, was a big hit with members, now 800 strong. On Saturday, I attended informative presentations by authors Dan Poynter (Self Publishing Manual; Skydivers Handbook; http://ParaPublishing.com), M.B. Weston (A Prophecy Forgotten, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, http://www.archebooks.com/), and Patricia Camburn Behnke (Tortoise Stew). I only wish I’d had time to attend others, too. Want to see pictures? I took photos of M.B. Weston during her presentation. You can view them at http://www.elysianchronicles.com/FWA_Confrence_2006.htm.

Also, I met and chatted with a number of aspiring writers, including TMMercury, horror-writer Dan Strohschein, and smiling Sandy, whose last name I missed. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and gathering useful information about the art, craft, and business of writing. Anyone interested in joining the Florida Writers Association can visit the group’s website: http://www.floridawriters.net/. Robert Gelinas of ArcheBooks Publishing, Inc., has done a fine job of upgrading the FWA website.

My romance novel, A Chance to Say Yes, is still scheduled for release in March, 2007. I am looking forward to the next few months. Truly exciting!

3 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is interesting. Are you going to write about writing?

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

Despite the fun you may have had (of which I'm extremely jealous), I'd hesitate to call Orlando vibrant. Unlike any other place in Florida, I find it's a shell of a city. It's transient. I get depressed just being there. Naples, on the other hand...

Well, that's a town about which to write a story.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Tina Murray said...

I do want to focus on writing. I'll do that as the process unfolds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home