Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ready, Set...

Hi, there!

At last, we're getting close to publication. I sent the galleys back to my publisher. So, it's only a matter of weeks before my debut novel, A Chance to Say Yes, is released. I'll let you know the release date as soon as Publisher Bob tells me.


On a personal level, I had a rough time last year, a time of ordeal and setbacks. I'm so glad that the novel made it through, in spite of all my personal trauma. Life's not all perfect yet, but I'm surviving, so far. Thanks, Reader, for hanging in with me through it all. I believe you'll enjoy the payoff: a good read in A Chance to Say Yes.

On a fun note, I've been invited by romance writer Lynnette Halberg (
http://www.swfrw.org/halberg_lynette.html) to attend an upcoming meeting of the Southwest Florida Romance Writers (www.swfrw.org). I am excited about attending, which I will do this Saturday, along with my associate from the Gulfcoast Writers (www.gulfcoastwriters.net), Karen Dean Benson. who is working on a historical romance novel. First, we'll attend the luncheon at Bennigans in The Promenade at Bonita Springs, and then move on to the regular meeting place at Robb and Stucky.

The interesting thing is: Lynnette heard about me through someone to whom I had given my business card. That means my networking is working. Yay!


Speaking of the Gulfcoast Writers (http://www.gulfcoastwriters.net/), I attended their monthly meeting last weekend in at the Lutheran Church in Fort Myers, where the speaker was accomplished theatre-educator and playwright Louise Wigglesworth. In addition to sharing valuable information about the writing of plays and scripts, she. also, led interesting excecises in which members read aloud from plays. Louise teaches classes at the Sugden Theatre in Naples. I don't have a web address for her, unfortunately.

Meanwhile, I'm focusing in on the first sequel to A Chance to Say Yes. The sequel will be called A Wild Dream of Love. I'm very excited about working on it! I wish I could devote every waking minute to the process. Soon, soon, I hope...


Please drop me a line and let me know if you have any ideas for promoting the novels or selling them. Outside the box is good. Inside the box is fine, too.


Thanks for checking in.

Stay tuned for further developments,

Tina


P.S. I just received word that my friend Phyllis Smallman's new mystery novel, Margarita Nights, is available as a pre-order at http://www.amazon.com/ and chapters.indigo.ca. It doesn't come up yet on Amazon. Here is the Canadian site. Please check it out. Congrats to Phyl. She and I first met at Sleuthfest (www.sleuthfest.com) a few years ago.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Margarita-Nights-Phyllis-Smallman/9781552786994-item.html?ref=Search+Books%3a+%2527Margarita+Nights+by+Phyllis+Smallman%2527&sterm=Margarita+Nights+by+Phyllis+Smallman+-+Books

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home